WHAT IS COVID-19?
Coronavirus Disease or COVID-19 is a new highly infectious respiratory disease which is spreading globally mainly from person-to-person through contact with droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes or contaminated surfaces and objects.
Signs and symptoms
High body temperature
Difficulty in breathing which starts within 14 days after infection
How to protect yourself from Coronavirus?
• Wash your hands regularly with soap and running water, if those are not available, use an alcohol based sanitizer.
• Cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue, flexed elbow or clothing and wash your hands immediately with soap and running water. DO NOT COUGH OR SNEEZE INTO YOUR PALM.
• Stay home and avoid travelling when you have flu-like symptoms.
• Avoid handshakes, hugging or kissing with persons with flu-like symptoms.
• Frequently wash your hands, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth and face with fluids from cough and sneezes.
If you have recently travelled or been in contact with someone who travelled from a country reporting COVID-19 cases, you will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days to monitor if you develop flu-like symptoms.
During self-quarantine, you are advised to stay in a separate room, disinfect surfaces and clothing, avoid sharing household items, including utensils, towels and bedding, not receive visitors, wear an appropriate face mask if you must be around other people and if in need call Ministry of Health emergency teams on: 0729471414 and 0732353535 for